With the METZ CONNECT BACnet router BMT-RTR, BACnet MS/TP devices are connected to a BACnet/IP network. The BMT-RTR is a compact multi-network router that allows routing between BACnet/IP, BACnet Ethernet and BACnet MS /TP networks. 32 BACnet MS/TP devices can be run on the router, thereby allowing unlimited transfer of BACnet objects between the BACnet /IP and BACnet MS /TP network.
The BMT-RTR router can be run as a BACnet /IP to BACnet MS/TP or BACnet Ethernet (ISO 8802-3) to BACnet MS/TP router. Using the integrated web server the BACnet router can be reached on an IP network. The configuration of the device and the parameterization of the two interfaces (Ethernet /RS485) is performed with a user-friendly web interface or the software tool "MC-Search Utility".
The router also has a logging tool for the troubleshooting and analysis of the data that is sent.
With the BACnet IP routers, communication between two BACnet MS/TP networks (Master - Master, Master - Slave) can be established via the IP network.
- Connection of 32 BACnet MS/TP devices per line
- Simple integration of BACnet MS/TP devices in a BACnet / IP network
- Ethernet available everywhere in the building
- No restriction on cable lengths
- Reliable and fast communication between automation and field equipment
- Technology and manufacturer-independent